From indie developers, game studios, to established publishers, GameAnalytics is currently the #1 analytics tool for anyone building a mobile game. Our network consists of over 100,000 active games, which are played by more than 1 billion players each month.
What’s our mission? To help game developers make the right decisions based on data. And by joining our team, you’ll be working on new and innovative products to help tens of thousands of people in the industry do just that.
About the Backend team
We are a small, self-managed team and we actively maintain and develop all the infrastructure that underpins GameAnalytics, processing billions of events every day from thousands of games. In our approach to work, we value the importance of a small, high quality codebase, following best practices, implementing good regression testing and automating as much as possible.
As part of the backend team you will be working on challenging problems within highly distributed services, and also real-time streaming and batch data processing. You will be part of all stages of development, from working closely with the product team to define the features all the way to designing, implementing and maintaining them. Your day to day work will consist mainly of solving interesting new problems, rather than trying to improve legacy over-complicated code or chasing bugs while under pressure.
We aim to always use suitable tools for the task at hand, meaning we dedicate time for thinking and considering different approaches before tackling a new problem. You can see some of our open source projects in our Github profile (https://github.com/GameAnalytics/)
What would you do?
- Write high quality, readable and maintainable code.
- Have a positive influence on, and help drive, the team’s technical decisions
- Maintain and evolve the existing services, while ensuring they keep running without interruption.
- Implement continuous integration, deployment, monitoring and altering using an infrastructure-as-code approach for our different systems.
- Take part in our ops duty call rota.
- Help our customers get the most out of their data, in particular when it comes to our most advanced data products.
- Experience with shipping and maintaining production-grade systems
- Expert knowledge of our tech stack is not essential, but it would make things easier. The main technologies we use include: Elixir, Erlang, Python, Terraform, Ansible, Packer, EMR/Spark, Apache Spark, Apache Druid, BigQuery and Redis
- Familiarity with cloud technologies. Ideally AWS and technologies such as EC2, ECS, EMR, AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, S3, Kinesis, SQS, SES, Cloudwatch….
- Knowledge or experience with big data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, Redshift, Snowflake, Kafka, Flink, Druid, Clickhouse… is highly desirable.
- Flexible work arrangements to support a healthy work-life balance
- 25 vacation days (excluding bank holidays) and 5 days of carers’ leave, as well as company-provided sick leave and additional compassionate leave
- A “Work-from-Anywhere” program allowing you to work from a location of your choice for 3 week per year
- Access to learning budgets to support professional development
- Regular social activities and events to foster a positive company culture
- Reimbursed phone bills