TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. The Commercial Domain is a global team within TUI technology responsible for supporting the entire support and delivery of Commercial products. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Spain, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated Full Stack Software Engineer to join the Commercial Analytics technology organisation.
ABOUT THE JOB
- As a Software Engineer in the Commercial Data Platform Team, you will be part of a cross-functional team which operates the platform for making real-time and batch-based data produced by the group available for use in Analytics as well as other applications developed by the Commercial and AI Master Domain.
- You will use your deep technical skills to build and run the applications and platforms as part of your team. You will use expertise in developing and operating technical platforms to enable our business development teams to work more efficiently.
- You will care for operational readiness, ensure observability of your platform and service. You will continuously improve CI/CD and automation maturity and efficiency. You can work hands-on, being able to tackle the full product lifecycle from initial concept to retirement.
- Your main responsibilities will consist of:
- Operation and optimisation of the infrastructure underlying our platform, currently based on Cloud services lie AWS EKS, Confluent Cloud and MongoDB Atlas.
- Automation of cloud infrastructure changes (IaC) using Terraform, Cloudformations and custom Kubernetes operators.
- Resolution of technical issues and service requests.
- You are able to verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes. Together with the teams in the domain, relevant Practice teams as well as the Group Enabler teams you also will research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools and help other teams to use them effectively. You are demonstrating active contribution to Communities of Practice, including collaboration in shared initiatives.
- You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team. You challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others. You always drive for long term value, ownership, and self-organisation atboth teamas well as on a personal level. You love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your areas of focus.
- Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do
- Several years’ experience of working with highly available, distributed systems and services running in a cloud environment. Preferably AWS.
- Minimum a year hands-on experience with evolving and running event-based systems in production. Preferably based on Kafka and Kafka Connect. Experience with SMT and custom Connector development is highly valued.
- Experience with stream processing and technologies like Kafka Streams, Flink or Spark.
- Hands on experience with building and running reactive/event-based applications on document databases like MongoDB or DynamoDB.
- Passionate about continuous delivery practices. Hands on experience with Gitlab CI, Terraform and CDK/Cloudformations are a plus.
- Experience with operating and developing for the Kubernetes/EKS ecosystem. Custom operator development, Helm, Customise and setup of Gitops tools like Flux and ArgoCD are appreciated.
- Experience with cloud-based monitoring solutions like Datadog and log and metrics pre-processing solutions like Vector.dev or EdgeDelta.
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services. DDD experience appreciated.
- Demonstrating true engineering craftsmanship mindset. TDD and BDD evangelists are welcome, we need to bring more testing into data engineering.
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers
- Mobile working, flexible working hours and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: TUI Way of Working
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Health, Social, Community, Career and Financial
- Development and career opportunities: We offer a wide range of digital training and international career opportunities.
- Additional benefits relevant to the local market that you'll be based in
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you have any questions, please contact the Recruiter for this role via the contact information included in the advert.